Dinner is Back!!!

Did you miss us?  I can't truthfully say that I missed you guys while I was vacationing in Napa and San Francisco, eating amazing food and drinking great wine (did I mention there were no kids!!!), but I can truthfully say that I'm glad to be back and excited about the menus coming up!

Just to give you a little overview of the rest of the year, we'll be delivering dinners for the next four weeks, then a week off for Thanksgiving, then four more weeks, then a week off after Christmas.  We've worked out some menus that we think will freeze well if you want to go ahead and order extra to stock up your freezer for holiday guests and the like, and I'll remind you about that week-to-week.

Also, it's almost Halloween, so you know what that means ...  time to start thinking about your Christmas list!  (I don't know about you, but I never used to understand why my mother was so crazy by the time Christmas finally arrived, but I definitely do now that I spend 2 months getting ready for it!)  Yes, we all need a little help around the holidays (and I'm not talking about red wine), so dinners on the porch is here to help!  We're working on a surprise to make your gift-giving woes a little easier - we'll tell you more about it in the next few weeks, so be looking for that.

Finally, a number of people have asked about catering dinners or small gatherings, and I am happy to announce that parties on the porch is open for business!  Just email me at dinnersontheporchorders@gmail.com and we can get to work planning your menu.

But enough business, on to dinner!

This week we're reprising a favorite from the summer, and it's a meal that's always a big favorite in Texas!

Tuesday, October 26th:
Rio Grande Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Homemade Guacamole & Chips
Vegetarian Option:  Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
Kids' Option:  Add a large Cheese & Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
Dessert:  Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!! ($5)


Our Rio Grande Enchiladas are made with chicken breast, organic spinach, spices, cheddar cheese, and homemade verde sauce (tomatillos, avocados, spices, yum!).  I love these extra spicy, but I realize that not everyone has my same burned-out Texas palate, so you can let me know whether you'd like yours mild or spicy!  If you're looking for something different, I also think the vegetarian enchiladas are great (but please don't let anyone in Texas know I said that).  You might think about ordering a pan of each and keeping one in the freezer for an easy dinner another night.

The black bean and corn salad is made with organic corn, lime juice, cilantro, peppers, and black beans made from scratch, not from a can.  It's healthy and very flavorful!  If you've had it you know, the guacamole is fresh and spicy.  It's hard not to like even bad guacamole, I'll admit, but this stuff is addictive.  

What can I say about Pumpkin Whoopie Pies?  Can anything be better than two delicious cookies with creamy frosting between them?  I highly doubt it.  

Get your orders in quick!  Email me at me dinnersontheporchorders@gmail.com with your order and we'll get it going for you.  Delivery will be between 3:45 and 5:15 on Tuesday afternoon, and there's no need to be home to receive it - your ready-to-heat & eat dinner will be waiting for you in a cold bag when you get home ready to enjoy it!

Glad to be back!!
Claire

Upcoming Menus:

Tuesday, November 2nd:
Perry's Warm Vegetable Salad with Grilled Chicken & Homemade Dressing
Quinoa Salad
Hummus & Pita

Tuesday, November 9th:
Roasted Pork Tortilla Soup with all the fixins
Chile con Queso

Tuesday, November 16th:
TBD - but we'll definitely be in a turkey-free zone!  And no sweet potato either!

No Dinner Tuesday November 23rd!!

Tuesday, November 30th:
Rajin' Cajun' Red Beans & Rice
Who Dat? Empanadas
Spinach Salad