Thai Red Curry - the good kind of addiction ...

I have been craving this fantastic Thai curry for a while now, so I figured you might be too!  I think there might be something addictive in Thai food, because once I start thinking about it, I have a hard time thinking about anything else until my craving is satisfied.  Luckily, a Thai food addiction is relatively easy to accommodate and doesn’t cause too much collateral damage to the rest of my life!

Tuesday, April 5th:
Thai Red Curry with Chicken & Veggies
Seasoned Basmati Rice
Toasted Seed Salad with Sesame Dressing
Vegetarian Option:  Thai Red Curry with Tofu & Veggies
Kids’ Option:  Noodles with Chicken & Peanut Sauce ($5)
Dessert:  Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares ($5)
Get You Through the Week:  Turkey & Goat Cheese Lasagna or Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna with DOTP Fire Roasted Marinara ($20)

As I said, I have a particular fondness for Thai red curry – it’s so flavorful and seems to hit a lot of taste buds in just the right way.  We add lots of fresh veggies – red peppers, edamame beans, snap peas, and whatever else looks good, chicken breast, and just a little kick.  You can always spice it up (as you know I will be doing), but we’ll keep it mild for family appeal.

I am really excited to try this Toasted Seed Salad this week!  I saw one on a menu a few months ago on a trip to DC, and I keep thinking about how good it sounds!  I’m not 100% sure what it will have in it yet – I’m sort of last-minute on that kind of thing – but veggies and pumpkin seeds and some kind of good cheese – it will be good – I promise!  Also, I think I have perfected a Sesame Dressing that can go toe to toe with my all time favorite Annie’s Goddess Dressing!  I will let y’all be the judge, but I’m hopeful that I may have found a way around spending $6 for a bottle of salad dressing!

A few months ago we did this Salted Toffee Square dessert for the first time, but it was my first time to try it, and I don’t think I did a good job of describing exactly how amazing they are.  I will warn you that you will need to make sure your family eats them all up by the end of the night or you will find yourself tearing into the bag the first thing the next morning and finishing them off yourself.  They are crazy good.  It’s a base of graham cracker, topped with chocolate, toffee, a little sea salt, nuts and some other madness that makes them impossible to stop eating.  Consider yourself warned – order/don’t order at your own risk!

Our Get You Through the Week Meal this week is a perfect item to bring out on a busy night for a healthy, very family-friendly meal in one.  We make it all from scratch, with healthy ground turkey, homemade sauce & cheese.  I love the strong and creamy flavor of goat cheese in it – a little goes a long way!  I know a few of you are anti-goat cheese – which makes you suspicious in my book – but we’re happy to leave it off if you let us know.  Just means more for the rest of us!

That’s about it this week y’all.  I am in sunny San Diego with my family for a week tromping around to Legoland, Sea World, the Zoo, and anywhere else we can manage to squeeze in, but we’ll get back and get in the kitchen to whip up this yummy meal for you on the 5th

I hope y’all all have a wonderful week & enjoy early Spring in Winston-Salem – it’s pretty hard to beat!


The Fine Print:
  • Orders for Tuesday April 5th will close on Saturday, March26th at 8 am sharp!
  • Please be specific in your order email!!
  • Deliveries will be made between 3 and 5:30 pm on Tuesday, April 5th.  If you need your dinner to arrive on the early side, please let us know so that we can make sure to get yours in the beginning of the route.  We have had some very busy weeks where our last deliveries are even a little after 5:30, so please let us know if your schedule is not flexible!
  • If you are not in the delivery area, you can pick up your dinner from Sociale Gourmet (on Knollwood) between 2 and 6 pm on Tuesday.  Please let us know if you plan to do so when you order!
  • If you have a standing order, you will still need to email us to let us know what options you would like, and we appreciate knowing that as soon as possible in order to facilitate shopping & planning.
  • You will receive a confirmation email on Monday, April 4th reminding you that your dinner is coming.  If you don’t get an email that night, send me an email at dinnersontheporchorders@gmail.com to make sure your order didn’t get lost in cyberspace (as has happened before!).