Tuesday, March 22nd:
Rio Grande Chicken Enchiladas Verdes (spicy or mild)
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
Chile con Queso & Chips
Vegetarian Option: Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas (spicy or mild)
Kids' Option: Cheese & Bean Quesadilla ($5)
GYTTW: Breakfast for Dinner (or Breakfast at the Beach) - Strata & Scones ($30)
If you're a DOTP regular, you know these enchiladas are a little addictive - chicken, organic spinach, beans, cheese, and a kick-ass verde sauce that will make you really happy you are alive. You can order spicy or mild - I'm suggesting spicy, 'cause that's always a good choice, but you can make your own decision about that.
The Black Bean & Corn salsa is just a fresh, tasty salad made with black beans, organic corn, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, purple onion and seasonings. It's great on chips, over salad or just on its own.
What can I really say about the chile con queso - it's a Calvin family secret recipe, and you will see why. I promise that you will find yourself eating it on something crazy (perhaps even a spoon) just to have a vehicle for getting it into your mouth!
The vegetarian enchiladas that we have done before are also really good - the beans and spices really complement the slight sweetness of sweet potato and make for a great, healthy dish.
Our Get You Through the Week Meal requires a little explanation this week - I don't want to be getting a whole lot of confused emails from y'all! We're calling it Breakfast for Dinner (always a winner in our house), but we're doing it this week because we also think it would be a great choice if you are planning a trip to the beach or the mountains over Spring Break. You have your choice of three stratas (see choices below) paired with your choice of three different types of frozen scones that you will bake yourself (love, love the smell of fresh baked goods, all the more when I did not do the actual baking!). These items will travel well in a cooler and will feed a crowd, so if you're at the beach you can just roll out of bed, shuffle to the kitchen, throw them in the oven and have a fabulous breakfast - nothing to it!
Here are your choices, and you must choose at least one strata and at least one type of scone - after that you can order as many of each as you want. (Extra stratas $20, extra scones $10)
Stratas: (all made with organic, cage free eggs)
- Traditional Sausage, Egg & Cheese - kids love this strata - so simple and delicious with all the flavors cooked together!
- Southwestern Spicy Sausage, Egg & Cheese - made with yummy spicy sausage, peppers and black beans, this is great for any meal of the day - just add chips and salsa for a very hearty dinner for a big family!
- Vegetarian Egg & Cheese - mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and spinach are so fresh-tasting and healthy in this cheesy, grown-up dish. Serve it for dinner, breakfast or a centerpiece brunch dish!
We're always looking for a way to eat dessert but call it breakfast, so scones are a great choice! (And actually, these are lower in fat than muffins or donuts, so we can get away with calling it healthy!) We hope you'll eat these with a fresh-squeezed mimosa and an ocean breeze on your face.
- Cinnamon Chip
- I Cannot Tell a Lie Cherry
- Savory Cheese & Scallion
The Fine Print:
- Please be very specific!! If you are ordering the GYTTW, please use the numbers/flavors to order (ie: "I'd like two #1, an a and a cherry scone)
- We will cut off orders this week, so get your orders in early!
- Pick-up will be from Sociale Gourmet if you are not in the delivery area, so please double-check with us if you are not sure.
- check out the Order 411 page if you have other questions, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thanks y'all & have a great weekend with this wonderful weather - get out to the porch!!!