Possible Expansion Opportunity in the Netherlands?


Okay y'all, I'm telling you right up front that I'm dialing it in a little bit this week on the blog.  My parents are in town, and things seem even more hectic than normal, even though I didn't think that was possible.  


However, I did want to do two things:  one, tell you the menu, and two, share a mysterious bit of information I found tonight about this very blog.  Somehow, blogger.com keeps track of the people who are looking at this site, and they send me all sorts of information about it.  I can't figure out how to see exactly who is reading it, but it tells me things like what you see in the chart below.  And I have to say that I am really confused about our Netherlandish and Latvian audience.  I figure that the few folks who checked in on us from Poland, the UK and Australia probably arrived here by accident.  But 58 people from the Netherlands?  So, if you are from the Netherlands and are now reading this blog, please solve this mystery for me in the comment section below! 

Pageviews by Countries
United States
325
Netherlands
58
Latvia
29
United Kingdom
7
Australia
2
Poland
1
Okay, now that I have that off my chest, on to the menu!

Tuesday, October 18th:  
Warm Salad Special with Steak & Homemade Blue Cheese Vinaigrette 
Smoked Paprika Hummus with Pita Chips
Rolls
Vegetarian Option:  Warm Salad Special with Portobello Mushrooms 
Kids Meal:  Simple Steak & Fresh Veggies ($6)
Dessert:  Pumpkin Spice Muffins ($6)
Get You Through the Week:  Southwestern Chicken Pie ($22)

We're changing up one of our favorite DOTP dinners, the Perry's Warm Salad Special with Chicken, because we found the best beef brisket (outside of Texas, of course) and decided to concoct a menu around it.  We also think that Fall is a great time for a warm salad - it's so hearty and satisfying, but still really healthy and light at the same time.  You'll toss a big green salad with warm veggies and brisket, then mix in some very tasty Blue Cheese Vinaigrette, warm up your rolls & sit down for an awesome dinner.  We just had this dinner to give it a test run, and it was, in fact, a home run!

Our dessert this week, Pumpkin Spice Muffins, are just what the season calls for - I'm so excited to be right at the beginning of the holidays!  (I'm sure by the end of December I'll be cursing them, but right now I'm ready to decorate!)  I also really enjoy a dessert that can also be served as a breakfast item (or 10 am snack, or after nap snack, or grab on the way to take the kids to soccer snack, etc, etc).

The Southwestern Chicken Pie is a DOTP standard, and with good reason.  It's lighter than some chicken pies because it only has a top crust, and it's filled with fresh herbs, veggies, black beans and, of course, chicken.  It's great for a family dinner or for company, and if you're like me, it's nice to know I've got something besides frozen pizza in there in case of an unexpected dinner guest!

That's all folks - please keep the comments coming - we love it!  We'll look forward to seeing you on the porch - hopefully not in the rain this week!

Claire 





Order Info:
  • Email your order to dinnersontheporchorders@gmail.com
  • Send in your order (and be specific!) before Saturday morning - we'll let you know if we're closing orders before that.
  • If you have a special request (like no blue cheese in your dressing), we will absolutely try to accommodate that, but we are human, and things do sometimes get turned around, so we appreciate your understanding!
  • If you are new, please include your address and phone number, and please check out the Order 411 page if you have questions about how it all works.
  • We will confirm your order before Monday around 8 pm, so email us if you do not receive a confirmation.
  • Have your cooler with ice out on your porch by 2 pm Tuesday - your dinner will be delivered by 5:30.
  • If you are outside of our delivery area, pick up your meal at Sociale Gourmet on Knollwood on Tuesday between 2-6 pm.
  • Pass it on!