Since this is the week of Thanksgiving and we know y'all are all busy planning your travels or getting ready to prepare your own feasts, we're hoping that our slightly different menu and schedule will help you achieve Thanksgiving-week peace and family happiness!
Tuesday, November 22nd:
Italian pre-Thanksgiving Dinner ($50)
- Goat Cheese & Italian Sausage Lasagna or Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Antipasti Platter (specify if you prefer all vegetarian)
- Green Salad with Blue Cheese, Bacon, Veggies & Homemade Basil Balsamic Dressing
- Camino Bakery Garlic Rosemary Bread
- Goat Cheese & Italian Sausage Lasagna ($25)
- Butternut Squash Lasagna ($25)
- Salad & Antipasti Platter ($25)
- Pumpkin & Dried Cranberry Scones ($10)
- Tamale Pie, Beef or Vegetarian ($22)
The Italian Dinner will turn a hungry mob into a happy family! Your choice of either Goat Cheese & Italian Sausage or Butternut Squash Lasagna will come frozen, ready to bake on Wednesday night (or, really, whenever you want). While folks are visiting and enjoying some good red wine, they will love to snack on our Antipasti Platter of olives, roasted veggies, meats, crackers & dip. Toss up your Green Salad, warm your Garlic Rosemary Bread from local favorite Camino Bakery and sit down to give thanks for your clean kitchen. Who needs pots & pans the night before Thanksgiving?!
We are also offering the components of the Italian pre-Thanksgiving dinner as well as a few other items - Pumpkin Scones & Tamale Pies - as a la carte items in case you have other things planned for your pre-Thanksgiving meal. You can make your own meal with just the Salad & Antipasti Platter, or bake up the Pumpkin Scones on Thanksgiving morning to enjoy while the turkey does its thing. The Scones will come frozen, unbaked and ready to make your house smell amazing as they rise in the oven.
And then, of course, you'll want to clear out all of the sweet potatoes and mashed items to make way for some Tex-Mex Tamale Pie while you watch your favorite football team or for when you get home from a hard day of Black Friday Christmas Shopping! Like the lasagna, the Tamale Pie will come frozen and it will feed a crowd, so it's a great dish to bake for friends, to take to a party, or to have on hand for busy night!
Special Delivery/Pick-up Info for this week only!
- We will deliver any orders over $35
- We will deliver meals on Tuesday morning between 9 -12 pm, so please be aware of this change!!!! If that does not work for you, you are welcome to pick up your food anytime between 9-4 pm on Tuesday at Sociale Gourmet on Knollwood, or just let us know what your situation is and we'll try to figure something out
- We will have the frozen Lasagnas and the Tamale Pies ready for pick-up early, so if you are leaving town and wanted to get them before Tuesday, please let me know.
Festival of Trees:
- We finished the Gingerbread Alamo (see below) that we are donating to the Festival of Trees to benefit Brenner Children's Hospital celebration going on the weekend at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds! All of the Gingerbread houses, trees and wreathes are awesome, so it's definitely worth visiting & a great kid-friendly activity.
- Alex and I will also be hosting a DOTP booth at the Holiday Shopping Girls' Night Out on Friday night, so we would love for you to stop by and say hi! The whole event is lots of fun, and we'll have samples, holiday gifts, gift certificates, and an opportunity to sign up early for Elf on the Porch Deliveries! We will also do a drawing for a free Elf Basket, so come drop your name off for a chance to win! You can still purchase tickets online, so go do it!
Other Very Important News:
- The Elf on the Porch is back! Click the logo on the side or the page link up top for more info & get your orders in! We're so excited to slide into our green tights and tutus again, y'all!
- Don't forget that we will not be delivery meals the week after Thanksgiving, due to the fact that we will be in a food-induced coma during the whole weekend and will not be able to work. But we'll be back the following week to help you
get through the insanely stressfulenjoy magical holiday season!
That's all, y'all & have a Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you.
Claire & Alex