They're here ... Rio Grande Enchiladas Verdes

I love it when we do a menu that writes itself!  This week's dinner and GYTTW meal are both big DOTP favorites, and they are favorites of mine as well!

Tuesday, December 13th:
Rio Grande Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Black Bean Pico de Gallo & Chips
Southwestern Salad with Homemade Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Vegetarian Option:  Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas Verdes
Kids' Meal:  Bean & Cheese Quesadillas ($6)
Dessert:  Chocolate Covered Holiday Rice Crispy Treats ($6)
GYTTW:  Christmas Red & Green Thai Curry with Chicken & Eggplant or Tofu & Eggplant ($25)

You asked & we ignored it for a while really heard you!  It's been a while since we've brought out the DOTP all-star - Chicken Enchiladas Verdes!  They were the first thing I made for DOTP, and every time we do them, they bring more folks over to the DOTP family.  They are fresh, made with healthy ingredients like spinach, black beans, and white meat chicken, and then covered in a slightly spicy, but totally awesome tomatillo salsa and topped with our favorite Mimi's Chile con Queso just for good measure.  I don't know why or how it ever occurred to me to make enchiladas this way, but I'm sure glad it did!

We also love the Veggie version of this dinner - it's a simple, light mix of sweet potatoes, black beans and seasonings, with the same sauces as the Chicken version.  Even if you're not a vegetarian, this is a great option if you're trying to go meat-less more often!

To keep things a little on the lighter side, we're serving the Enchiladas with a great, fresh Southwestern Salad & Black Bean Pico de Gallo.  I like to eat Pico with chips, but I think it's even better to mix it up in salad and enjoy it that way.  Either way, you'll have a great meal for your family or something easy and delicious for company!

For a seasonal little treat, our baker is mixing up Chocolate-Covered Holiday Rice Crispy Treats - it's her secret recipe that you won't find on the back of the cereal box!  I know I personally love Rice Crispy Treats, but I'm always disappointed when I make the recipe on the Rice Crispy box.  They either turn out too dry or way too sticky and then harden into an impenetrable brick that no one wants to eat.  So, needless to say, we'll be putting in a double order here at the Calvin-Giegengack house.  (I know, it's a weird name.)

Finally, our Get You Through the Week Red & Green Thai Curry this week will do more than just get you through.  It will soothe your soul, lift your spirits, rub your feet after a long day, and maybe even address some of those pesky Christmas cards.  Well, okay, I may be overstating it a little bit, but I truly love Thai Curry and think it has some pretty fantastic abilities.  Of course, we normally do either Red or Green, but we couldn't resist a little holiday meal coordination.  So Martha Stewart.  In any event, I'm pretty sure you're going to agree with me that it's one amazing dinner - chicken or tofu, fresh eggplant, red peppers, edamame, broccoli, and basil, cooked in Thai Curry and served with rice.  Pretty hard to beat, if you're asking me.

That's all we've got for you this week, friends.  I hope we'll be seeing you on the porch - so get your orders in!

Also, I know we will be seeing many of you on the 16th as we Elf around town delivering our Elf on the Porch baskets.  Don't forget to get those orders in before the 10th (that's Saturday, for those of you who have lost all track of time during the holidays!).

Love and warm wishes to all!
Claire & Alex