Tuesday, November 6th:
Cowboy Meatballs with Homemade Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce on the side
Pappy's Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli Salad with Bacon Dijon Dressing
Black Eyed Pea Salad (aka, Texas Caviar)
Vegetarian Version: Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms w/BBQ; Broccoli Salad w/ Herb Dressing (no bacon)
Kids' Meal: Sliders ($6)
Dessert: Tart Sweet Apple Pie Apples (one large apple, $10 feeds 4)
GYTTW #1: Secret Ingredient Mac' 'N Cheese (choose Plain, Grilled Chicken, or Broccoli) & Salad ($25, L $30)
GYTTW #2: Mamacita's Tortilla Soup (choose Brisket, Smoked Chicken or Black Beans), comes with rice, Queso & chips ($25, L $30) (GF)
Make-Your-Own Pizza Pack ($22 reg, $30 large)
Mimi's Chile Con Queso & Chips ($5)
Roasted Red Pepper Dressing ($4)
Roasted Red Pepper Dressing ($4)
Fresh Veggie Bag ($6)
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing ($4)
Salad Pack: Organic Romaine, Veggies, Jalapeno Ranch & Croutons ($10)
Vantastic Pimento Cheese : regular or Spicy!! ($5)
Camino Bakery Goodies:
Pumpkin Bread ($5)
Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
If you've never had our Cowboy Meatballs before, you're missing out on a life-enriching experience! They are as big as baseballs, seasoned and stuffed with cheese – I’m pretty sure that a hungry cowboy could eat a few of these, but all of the cowboys and cowgirls in my house were stuffed after one! Those with True Grit love them smothered in our tangy Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce – a little sweet, a little spicy - trust me, it's delicious! (If you would like GF meatballs, just let us know and we will leave out any ingredients with gluten in your order.)
My Pappy, Elvis Aubrey Calvin, was quite a character. I'm not sure that I could describe him succinctly here, because there is just so much there: a Southern Democrat who love politics, a wonderful cook and relentless canner, a ladies' man (after Mimi died, of course, but for real, y'all, he was the toast of the over-70 ladies set!), a loving grandfather, but also a stubborn bastard who did things his way or not at all. Anyway, one of his many accomplishments was the development of the greatest mashed potatoes I've ever had, and thus: Pappy’s Mashed Potatoes. They are peppery and creamy, and you'll have a hard time eating any others after you've had them, and that's no lie.
Okay, so we all know that real cowboys don’t eat vegetables, but this cowgirl has discovered that even cowboys will eat Broccoli Salad as long as it’s mixed up with bacon! The salad is fresh, crunchy and flavorful, and tossed with spinach and Homemade Bacon Dijon Dressing, you may be surprised by how much your gang will enjoy it – just keep it under your Stetson that it’s actually super-healthy! Everyone will also want to have even just a bite of our Black-Eyed Pea Salad for luck - you never know when you'll need it!
|That's our little cowboy in the middle!|
Finish up your Americana dinner fun by enjoying a huge, delicious Tart Sweet Apple Pie Apple! They are fresh apples, dipped in homemade caramel, smothered in white chocolate, cinnamon, brown sugar & graham crackers. They are pretty decadent, so we suggest slicing them up and sharing with the ones you love!
Now that Halloween is a thing of the past, the countdown is on to the busy holiday season! Keep things simple and easy by planning ahead for weeknight dinners, last-minute entertaining, and gift-giving! This week's Get You Through the Week options are great for all of the above!
We have made our Secret Ingredient Mac'n' Cheese as a kids' meal in the past, and it's so popular with adults and kids alike, that we're serving it up for the whole family this week! The secret ingredient is pureed cauliflower, but we won't tell & no one will know they are eating a nice, healthy version of this American classic! You can choose it Plain, with Grilled Chicken or with broccoli. To round out the meal, we'll provide a salad pack with chopped veggies & Jalapeno Ranch Dressing.
Our other GYTTW meal is Mamacita's Tortilla Soup, this week with your choice of brisket, smoked chicken or black beans. It's the perfect cold-weather dinner - hot, hearty & healthy! It comes with rice, Mimi's Queso and chips, and then you can add in any of your own favorite toppings like cheese, sour cream, or spicy jalapenos! Delish!
And don't forget to check out our Optional Extras & Camino Goodies - you may find that you can cut out the grocery store altogether if you order well!
Thanks y'all, and happy voting!!
Claire & Alex
- You may order anytime before Monday morning by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be specific when you order to reduce the chances of our messing it up! We are happy to accomodate special requests, so just ask and we will let you know if it's not possible.
- We have a delivery minimum of $35, but you can get to that amount however you want. You do not have to order a main meal to have your food delivered!
- All delivery meals will be delivered on Tuesday between 2 and 5:30 pm, and you will need to leave out a cooler for delivery if you will not be home during the delivery window.
- If you are outside of the delivery area, you may pick up your meal between 2 and 6:30 pm at 380 Knollwood. If you are not sure whether you are in the delivery area, just email with your address and we'll let you know.
- Once you order, you will receive a confirmation on Monday night with payment instructions. If you do not receive that email, call us Tuesday morning at 745-8300 to make sure we didn't miss you or lose your email!
- It's not a problem to send a meal to another person - just let us know what you need and we'll get it all set up.