Tuesday, February 5th: Cha Cha Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
(small, $32, regular $38, large $45)
Chipotle Smoked Chicken Tostadas
Fixings: Refried Beans, Cheese, Sour Cream, Jalapenos, Salsa, Shredded Lettuce
Homesick Jalapeno Slaw
Fresh Steamed Green Beans
Veggie Option: Chipotle Zucchini & Potato Tostadas
Kids' Option: Smoked Chicken Soft Tacos ($6)
Dessert: Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ($6)
Company Shrimp & Cheese Grits ($25 small, $35 large)
Bahn Mi Sandwiches ($22 regular /$30 large)
Crock Pot Verde Chicken Chili ($25)
Pasta, Plain & Fancy - Ravioli with Pistachio Cilantro Pesto and Southwest Fiesta Meat Sauce ($25)
Make Your Own Pizza Packs ($22 regular, $30 large)
Low Carb Lettuce Wrap Chicken Tacos ($10)
Mimi's Chile con Queso & Chips ($5)
Southwest Porch Pockets & Zesty Cilantro Ranch Dip ($10)
Fresh Veggie Bags ($6)
Salad Packs with Chipotle Ranch Dressing, veggies & croutons ($10)
Cilantro Ranch Dressing (16 oz plastic container, $5, 16 oz glass gift bottle $10)
Vantastic Pimento Cheese - regular or spicy! ($5)
Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
I love this Chipotle Smoked Chicken Tostada dinner! Everyone in my family likes a slightly different version, and that's part of the fun. I like to make more of a Tostada Salad out of my fixings, where my kids like the traditional beans, chicken and cheese version. The Homesick Slaw is delicious on top or on the side - it's cold and crisp (we make it with fresh broccoli slaw, rather than wimpy cabbage, so it's extra healthy too!). And this week we're throwing in some fresh green beans - I've noticed that my kids will eat these pretty reliably as a pre-dinner snack (you know that moment when everyone starts complaining that they are hungry and need a snack, even though you clearly have dinner almost ready? that's the moment to whip out the fresh green beans - they'll be gone in a minute!) Overall, we all just enjoy sitting down to a meal where everyone can eat something healthy and tasty, and I don't have to lay out any serious bribes.
So, I used to not understand why Southerners loved Shrimp & Grits so much. I have always liked shrimp, and my mom used to make us grits for breakfast from time to time, but I just didn't see where they needed to go together for dinner. It all seemed a little too contrived, like someone was trying to think of something to do with grits to elevate them beyond their gritty existence into cuisine. However, I stand corrected. Shrimp and Grits is good, y'all. This Company Shrimp and Grits is my favorite recipe, as it involves much bacon, mushrooms, and very cheesy grits. The elegant grit!
Our GYTTW Vietnamese Bahn Mi Sandwiches are one of our favorite easy dinners! They are big, crusty French Bread sandwiches stuffed with shredded pork, fresh pickled cucumbers and slaw, with cilantro mayo. All of the flavors marry (fancy foodie word alert!) and become something really special. They will last several days and are great for lunch or dinner!
Continuing on with our new Crock Pot series, this week we're offering a great, family-friendly Chicken Chili Verde. Flavors of lime, cilantro, tomatillos and great seasonings spend all day swimming around in the crock pot with the chicken, making a delicious, spicy, healthy chili. The meal comes with rice, lime, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips to make your whole dinner come alive with flavor! We had it for dinner last night, and all of my kids really liked it. Matt and I spiced it up with Tabasco and jalapenos & we were all happy campers!
There are so many other good things to enjoy this week - Pasta, Pizza Packs, Queso & Porch Pockets. So much food,
Thanks y'all! We'll look forward to seeing you on the Porch this week!
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and be specific!!!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at email@example.com
The Best Texas Nachos:
- Large, unbroken Tortilla Chips
- Refried Beans
- Lots of cheese (the shredded Monterrey Jack/Cheddar works best)
- Toppings: Salsa, Green Onions, Black Olives, Sour Cream, Jalapenos, Guacamole, Grilled Chicken, Steak or Pork, if desired
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet or rimmed tray with foil.
- Spread each individual chip with refried beans and a piece of meat, if using.
- Lay the chips out on the cookie sheet to completely cover the pan.
- Top with lots of cheese to completely cover the chips - don't leave anybody naked!
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and slightly toasted-looking.
- Remove & carefully transfer to a warm serving tray, adding toppings to each nacho separately.
- Fall in Love with Texas Nachos & Never Accept Anything Less!