Here's what we've got for Tuesday, January 22nd!
Main Meal (choose Small $32, Regular $38, Large $45)
- King Ranch Casserole - chicken or veggie
- Southwest Salad - lettuce, veggies, cheese, croutons & Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Mimi's Chile Con Queso & Chips
- Kids' Meal: Quesadilla with Chicken ($6)
- Dessert: Nutella Rice Crispie Treats ($6)
- Israeli Couscous with Chicken or Vegetarian, Veggies & Spinach ($25 Regular, $30 large, not frozen)
- Two Soups Dinner - Loaded Baked Potato and Coconut Sweet Potato with Multigrain Bread ($25)
- Santa Fe Crock Pot Meatloaf and Rolls ($25)
- Pasta, Plain & Fancy: Cheese Ravioli with Bolognese and Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Pesto ($25)
- Friday Night Pizza Pack ($22, $30)
- African Peanut Soup with Chicken or Veggie
- Roasted Red Pepper Dressing ($4)
- Fresh Veggie Bag ($6)
- Jalapeno Ranch Dressing ($4)
- Salad Pack: Organic Romaine, Veggies, Jalapeno Ranch & Croutons ($10)
- Vantastic Pimento Cheese : regular or Spicy!! ($5)
- Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
- Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
Well, it's been many moons since we've made up a big batch of one of our favorite dinner dishes, the King Ranch Casserole. The King Ranch Casserole originates in Texas, but it's deliciousness cannot be contained in even a state as big as Texas. It's layers of crispy corn tortillas, shredded chicken, cheese, green olives, peppers and black beans (reading that description, it sounds like a giant nacho casserole, but I assure you it's a little more creative than that!). It's super-flavorful and mild, but if you like it spicy, it's awesome with hot sauce and jalapenos (which I do, of course!). I first wrote about it way back when, so click here for a little history lesson!
We love salad over here, and even my kids are getting into the swing of them too. This crispy and healthy Southwest Salad is no plain Jane lettuce and tomato blah salad. If you've got purists in your house, you can let folks assemble their own salad plate, since we keep it all separate for you.
Of course, we don't want you to be too virtuous, so we're including a little taste of our famous Mimi's Chile con Queso. If you've had it, you know it's addictive and dangerous. If you haven't had it, be prepared for a new love in your life!
This week's GYTTW offerings have something for everyone. Our Israeli Couscous is a perennial favorite - it's so healthy and loaded with flavor. We're serving it fresh, rather than frozen, but it will last for several days (although in our house, it does not last long at all!). Make a big dinner salad, take it to work for lunch, or, like me, enjoy it as a midnight snack!
I've been on a major soup jag lately - so soothing and warming after a day out in the cold winter weather. The Loaded Baked Potato Soup is full of creamy potatoes, bacon, cheese & seasonings. The Sweet Potato Soup is sweet and smooth - my kids think it's a dessert, but it's probably the healthiest soup they eat with carrots, coconut milk and, of course, sweet potatoes. This is a meal your whole family will enjoy, and you'll enjoy not having to clean up the kitchen! We also have a super-tasty African Peanut Soup you can add on - highly recommended!
We love hearing how much y'all are enjoying our Crock Pot dinners! This week's Santa Fe Meatloaf is so good - and, being a crock pot meal, so easy! You'll just defrost it, pop it in the pot, turn it on, and a few hours later, sit down to a fabulous home-cooked meal! The flavors of the meatloaf are classic - roasted corn, black beans, cheese, cilantro, and a zesty tomato BBQ sauce on top. It's great with a green salad, and we're also including chewy rolls so that you can make leftover meatloaf sandwiches. So tasty and the kind of meal that will make your whole family happy!
This week's Pasta, Plain & Fancy meal is so tasty - we just had it tonight for dinner, and there was not a bit left! My husband even made a "sandwich" with a roll and the little bit of Sundried Tomato Artichoke Pesto that was left. It was a little extreme on his part, but I could see where it was coming from - it's pretty amazing. My kids loved the Bolognese as well, so all in all, it was a peaceful, delicious family dinner.
We've got many other goodies & treats on the menu, so check it all out and let us know what you need on your porch this Tuesday!
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and be specific!!!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at email@example.com