Greek Meze Meal
Greek Porch Pockets with Italian Sausage or Mushroom
Orzo with Smoked Chicken, Veggies, Feta in Red Pepper Tomato Marinara
Chopped Greek Salad with Spinach, Cucumber, Onion & Peppers
Vegetarian Version: Veggie Greek Pockets & Orzo with Roasted Zucchini
Kids' Meal: Orzo with Marinara & Mozzarella ($6)
Dessert: Camino Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies ($6)
GYTTW #1: Twisted Taco Bake with Chicken or Veggie ($25, reg, or $30, large) (GF)
GYTTW #2: Texas Chili Crock Pot Meal with Beef ($25) (GF)
GYTTW #3: Friday Night Pizza Pack ($22, reg, $30 large)
Quinoa with Smoked Chicken, Veggies & Feta in Red Pepper Tomato Marinara ($10 per quart) (GF)
Extra Greek Porch Pockets ($10 for 5 pockets with dip)
Salad Pack - Greens, Veggies, Croutons & Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing ($10)
Veggie Bag - chopped veggies ready for snacking or cooking ($6)
Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing ($4)
Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
Happy New Year, DOTP friends! I'm writing this week's blog from Houston, where we've been home visiting family for the past week. We've eaten well, and since the weather has been miserable for Texas and we haven't been able to do much else, we've eaten often. We've also had the opportunity to spend lots of time together indoors, so that's always fun for about 5 minutes until the kids begin getting on the frayed nerves of my 70-year old parents. And I say without any exaggeration that I truly owe a deep debt of gratitude to alcohol for seeing me through some challenging moments. But, overall, it's been a good trip and I'll be sad when it's time to shove off. Particularly because we drove down to Texas, so that means we'll be driving back!
Once we get back and recover from driving for 18 hours in a car with three spastic children, I'll be excited to get back to the kitchen and cook up some good new stuff for the new year! This week's menu is one that we love because it's both healthy and very delicious. Plus, it's one of those meals that fun to eat, which makes it more likely our family mealtime will proceed with a minimum of tantrums and threats. It's the kind of meal you could eat on little plates, tasting a little bit of everything and then going back for seconds of your favorites. You’ll snack on your Greek Porch Pockets with a little Tzatziki dip (a tart yogurt dip with dill and cucumber flavors), and then when you’re finished grazing on those treats, move over to a plate of Orzo with Chicken & Veggies and a lovely Greek Salad. You could even turn an ordinary Tuesday on its head: order extra & invite friends over for an easy & fun dinner party!
For our Get You Through the Week Meals this week, we've got an old favorite, the Twisted Taco Bake, which is a very delicious mix of rice, black-eyed peas, cheese, tomatoes & chicken. It's twisted, alright, but it's so tasty! You bake it all up and then serve it in warm flour tortillas to your very appreciative family!
We're also excited for a new Crock Pot dinner to follow up on the very popular one we did before the holidays. I've been making this Texas Crock Pot Chili forever, and it's delish. Plus, as with all crock pot meals, it makes your whole house smell so good that the neighbors will be knocking on the door to find out what you're making! We prep everything up for you, and you just toss it into the crockpot, sit tight for a few hours, and then get ready to enjoy a great dinner!
Finally, what would Friday night be without pizza!? Enjoy a slightly healthier and much more fun pizza night when you use our little Pizza Pack kit to make individual pizzas that everyone can customize and take pride in!
We've got lots of other good things to keep your crew happy all week long, so check it all our and let us know what we can bring to your porch on Tuesday!
See you on the Porch,
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and be specific!!!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at email@example.com