My Valentine's Day experience always goes something like this ...
A week before Valentine's Day: Hmmm. Valentine's Day is coming up. I will plan a special meal and buy cute little gifts for my husband and children to show them how much I love them. I will even purchase and mail thoughtful cards to my parents and in-laws from the children, which will make them feel loved. It will all be very cute and pretty, but not in a cheesy, commercial kind of way.
Valentine's Day: Crap. I have done nothing at all. I suck.
But not this year!!! This year will be different! Thanks to Dinners on the Porch, I was forced to think about planning a nice dinner that really will make my family feel loved, and so I thought I should share the love with you too. Choose either option (or both?) and we'll have it ready for you to pick up on Thursday anytime after 12 pm. You'll throw it in the oven ("making" dinner really is evidence of love), and then you'll have a beautiful meal to sit down and enjoy with the ones you love. Now, I cannot help you with the thoughtful gifts & cards, but this is at least a start!
Burning Hearts Flank Steak Pinwheels with Red Pepper Orzo Pasta and Fancy Salad
($40 regular, feeds a family of 4, $50 large, feeds a family of 6)
- Lovely Flank Steak Pinwheels perfectly seasoned and stuffed with fresh spinach, cheese and savory sun-dried tomato pesto are beautiful and delicious!
- Vegetarians can opt for amazing Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Caps - fancy and filling!
- Red Pepper Orzo Pasta is loaded with fresh veggies, feta cheese, and dressed in our fabulous homemade Roasted Red Pepper Dressing. Delicious hot or cold, it's a dish that kids and grown-ups both love!
- Fancy Spinach Salad with veggies, croutons and our lovely Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Salad Heaven!
Eternal Love Goat Cheese Lasagna with Italian Sausage or Butternut Squash and Fancy Salad
($38 regular, feeds a family of 4, $45 large, feeds a family of 6+)
- Our eternally popular Goat Cheese Lasagna fills everyone with loving feelings! Whether you choose the Italian Sausage or Butternut Squash version, you'll be swooning before you're through!
- Fancy Italian Mix Salad with veggies, croutons and Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Dressing.
- French Bread
Valentine's Cupcake Kits
($10 for 6 cupcakes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes, Cream Cheese Frosting, and fun Valentine's candies for your little bakers to decorate cupcakes for the whole family!
We will have other items available for sale on Thursday as well, but they do not need to be pre-ordered. If you would like to celebrate Valentine's Day with one of these fantastic, fancy (yet easy!) dinners, please email us your order to email@example.com, no later than 12 noon on Wednesday the 13th.
Happy Valentine's Day, all you sweeties!
Claire & Alex