Warm Salad Special Dinner!
(small $32, regular $38, large $45)
- Marinated Brisket or Portobello Mushrooms (GF)
- Warm Roasted Veggies
- Green Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing, Cheese & Croutons
- Corn & Black Bean Tomato Salsa with Chips
- Kids' Meal: Brisket & Baby Baked Potatoes ($6)
- Dessert: S'mores Rice Krispies ($6)
- Chicken or Tofu Tikka Masala with Aromatic Basmati Rice (GF) (small $20, large $30)
- Mamacita's Tortilla Soup with Roasted Pork & Avocado (GF)(regular or veggie version (small $15, large $25)
- Traditional Beef Stew Crock Pot Dinner (one size feeds 4-6, $25)
- Farmer's Market Israeli Couscous & Spinach Salad (small $15, large $25)
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas Verdes (regular $25, large $30)
- Make Your Own Pizza Packs (regular $22, large $30)
- Mimi's Chile con Queso & Chips ($5)
- Fresh Veggie Bags ($6)
- Salad Packs with Chipotle Ranch Dressing, veggies & croutons ($10)
- Vantastic Pimento Cheese - regular or spicy! ($5)
- Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
- Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
Warm Salad Special Dinner makes me excited. It makes me look forward to dinner, and leftovers for lunch, and the smell of dinner getting ready and my happy kids sitting down to eat brisket dipped in salad dressing with their fingers. Ok, so it's not exactly the complete salad idea that they are into, but they love it and I am happy to have one of my favorite dinners of all time!
So, I have explained before how I discovered the Warm Salad Special in Portland, at Perry's, which was in our neighborhood and one of our favorite restaurants, but a bit of a stretch for us on one medical resident salary. It was a treat, or a place we would always "take" our parents to when they came to visit. I always ordered the Warm Salad Special - here's the description of it from their menu: "-warm salad special: draper farms chicken, red potatoes, asparagus, red onion, pecans, bleu cheese crumbles, lemon basil vinaigrette." Amazing. So good. So anyway, loved it, we moved to Winston-Salem, we missed it, so we recreated it.
And now, happily, we recreate it (but with Brisket, because we love it) in your homes. And now we can all have a Perry's moment, feeling a little special, maybe drinking a lovely champagne cocktail if you've got a very special feeling (here's a link for a drink called The Texas Rose - never had it, but it looks good!)!
Finish up dinner with S'mores Rice Krispies, a sweet treat that will make you and your kids appreciate American ingenuity. According to Wikipedia, Rice Krispies were invented in 1939 as a fund raiser for the Camp Fire Girls, and from there, millions of kids and parents have made up their own awesome versions of this classic. We're going with the Camp Fire theme for a S'mores flavor - you'll love it!
To keep the week running along without a hitch (at least with respect to dinner, which, when it goes well, can actually have a happy effect on things like getting the kids to bed on time, helping with homework, and having time to put your feet up and watch junky TV for a skinny minute - all the things you need!), here are some great and delicious ways to Get You Through the Week!
Chicken or Tofu Tikka Masala with Aromatic Basmati Rice:
Alex made me this Tikka Masala several years ago, and it was such a healthy and delicious departure from Tikka Masala that you find in Indian restaurants that I felt like we had to make it for DOTP (even though it's kind of difficult, and Alex always gives me a hard time when I say that we need to do it!). It's made with Greek yogurt, chicken breast, veggies, tomatoes, savory Indian spices and such, and is just a delicious and healthy dinner, not swimming in butter and cream. It's mildly spiced, so most kids will be fine with the heat level, and it's a great dish for people who aren't sure if they like Indian food (spoiler alert: everyone likes Indian food, they just may not know it yet!).
Mamacita's Tortilla Soup with Roasted Pork and Avocado:
We've been serving this soup almost since we opened the doors, and it's always popular. You can customize it to your own taste with all of the delicious toppings: avocado, cheese, chips, a squeeze of lime, and then anything else that sounds good to you! It's a great way to warm up on a cold winter night! Here's where I wrote about Mamacita, my grandmother, who never liked to cook!
Israeli Couscous Salad with Chicken Sausage and Spinach Salad:
Eat it for lunch, dinner, or any meal in between! I love this yummy pasta dish loaded with fresh chopped vegetables, healthy & flavorful chicken sausage, with our delicious Homemade Balsamic Basil dressing & spinach salad. It's a salad I could eat every day - and sometimes I do!
Traditional Beef Stew Crock Pot Dinner:
What can I say? If you love a Beef Stew, you will love this meal. If you don't love Beef Stew, which I do not, you will also love it, as I did when Alex made it last week. It's hearty, very healthy with lean beef, fresh vegetables and smoky, subtle tomato flavor, and just all-around good eating. As it's bubbling away in the crock pot, your family will become increasingly interested in dinner - which is always a good thing, in my book!
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas Verdes:
These are so popular with vegetarians and carnivores alike! It's a great dish for a Meatless Monday or any day - they are savory, healthy and very hearty. This makes a great meal to take on a weekend trip, to give to a new mom, or just to have on hand for a quick and easy weeknight family dinner. Feel the veggie love!
That's the big stuff, and we've got various other goodies on hand for your dining delight (like our Make Your Own Pizza Packs - easy, fun, healthy & delicious!)! So check it all out, let us know what will make your week easier and more delicious, and we'll look forward to seeing you on the Porch this Tuesday!
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and be specific!!! We appreciate having your orders in by Sunday night in order to make sure we have enough of everything!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at email@example.com