Main Meal: Fresh Spring Asian Dinner
Asian Shredded Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Rice Noodles
Peanut Sesame Noodles with Fresh Veggies
Kids' Meal: Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Edamame Pods ($6)
Dessert: Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares ($6)
New Texas Chili Verde with fixings & cornbread ($25/$30) GF
Tamale Pie with Beef or Mushrooms ($20 small, $25 regular) GF
Southwest Chicken or Veggie Pie ($20 small, $30 large)
Crock Pot Indonesian Chicken with Brown Rice or Quinoa ($25) GF
Make Your Own Pizza Packs ($22/$30)
Sausage, Bacon, or Plain Egg & Cheese Strata ($25)
More Good Stuff:
Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing ($5)
Fresh Veggie Bag ($6)
Salad Pack with Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch ($10)
Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
Vantastic Pimento Cheese ($5, regular or spicy!)
So, some weeks things can get a little crazy, and this was one of them. We were busy, busy, busy all week, and from time to time it would cross my mind to try to figure out what we were going to make for this next week. But no sooner would the thought cross my mind than something would come up, or someone would tell a funny story, or it would be time to fly out the door to take someone to school or tennis, so I never could put together five minutes to figure it out. (So now you know our secret - we are totally disorganized and plan everything at the last possible minute - it's a fun way to run a business!)
Anyway, I woke up early this morning to have a little peace and quiet in the house and try to plan the menu, and before I was even out of the bed, I had it all settled. I had been craving these fabulous Peanut Sesame Noodles for a while, and we are heading to the mountains for the weekend, so I was planning on making some to take with us, and I just realized that probably everyone is craving delicious Peanut Sesame Noodles too. You are, right?! I knew it! And then Alex and I had been talking about lettuce wraps and how much we all love them, and how happy we are that Spring is here, so it all just seemed like a perfect fit. And I was happy. I think you'll be happy too!
The Asian Shredded Chicken or Tofu Lettuce Wraps will be shredded lettuce in a Cilantro Sesame Dressing, and your "wrap" is our favorite - living lettuce! Your family can have fun making wraps with rice noodles and chicken, and leftovers will make a great salad the next day.
The Peanut Sesame Noodles will come with all the veggies on the side, so that you can make sure to leave out any that your family doesn't enjoy. We'll include red peppers, cucumbers, shredded carrots and cabbage, asparagus, and mushrooms, and maybe even a few others, depending on what looks good - isn't is so nice that all the good produce is coming back in season! Fresh tomatoes and strawberries are right around the corner ...
After Tuesday comes Wednesday, people, and that means everybody wakes up ready to eat once again. I have wondered more than once why humans had to evolve to need to eat so often. I mean, what is the evolutionary advantage of having to clean the kitchen and run the dishwasher so many times? None. But, so it is (for the next few million years, at least), so we have lots of great meals to help you rise to meet the challenge with which evolution has presented our species. In other words, here's how we can help Get You Through the Week!
- Our New Texas Chili Verde is one of the most popular meals we've ever made. When I sent out the Thursday Take-Away email, one person texted back asking if this was "the chili." It is. It's awesome - made from Neece's Extra Sage sausage and green peppers, poblano peppers and tomatillos, it's green and really good. The fixings just add to the fun and flavor of the dish!
- Everybody also loves Tamale Pies. They are hearty and family friendly, with beef, veggies, cheese and layers of corn tamale. It's an easy weeknight dinner with a quick green salad, or a great meal to share with friends.
- Alex and I realized that we hadn't made out Southwest Chicken Pies in a long time, and we're not sure why not. They are a light, fresh version of a traditional Chicken Pie, without a bottom crust and a puff pastry topping. There's lots of chicken, fresh veggies, cheese and a little sauce inside, with very little in common with the chicken pie of childhood memory - thankfully!
- This week's Crock Pot meal - Indonesian Chicken - is unique and delicious! It's slightly sweet, with raisins and dried coconut, but also savory in the way that the Asian food can be. I think food people call that "complex," possibly. Anyway, it's crazy that something from a crock pot can have that much flavor, but it does!
- Pizza Packs and Breakfast Stratas are just basic kitchen staples - you want to make sure to have a Pizza Pack on hand for a dinner emergency, and a Strata on hand for a perfect & easy brunch. That's a great way to outsmart evolution right there!
Okay, y'all, I'm starting to hear birds chirping, which means that soon other people in my house will be chirping as well, so I'll wrap it up.
I hope you have a great weekend with lots of relaxation and fun, and a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here's an Irish Toast for you (that I just found on Google):
Health and a long life to you.
Land without rent to you.
A child every year to you. (sounds like a curse, actually)
And if you can't go to Heaven, may you at least die in Ireland.
See you on the Porch,
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and be specific!!!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at email@example.com