(small, $32, regular $38, large $45)
Chopped Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Homemade Tahini Hummus
Creamy Feta Dip
Red Pepper Orzo with Veggies & Grilled Chicken Sausage (or Vegetarian with Roasted Artichoke)
Kids' Option: Grilled Chicken & Pita Bread Wraps with Plain Hummus ($6)
Dessert: Camino Bakery Cheesecake Mixed Bites - Bailey's Irish Cream & Chocolate Chip ($6 for 4, $8 for 6)
Goat Cheese Lasagna with Italian Sausage or Spinach & Mushroom ($30)
Thai Green Curry with Shrimp or Eggplant ($20 small, $30 large)
Loaded Baked Potato Soup Dinner ($25)
Crock Pot Korean Beef & Broccoli with Brown Rice ($25)
Friday Night Pizza Packs ($22 small, $30 large)
Special GYTTW Irish Dinner: $50
Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Fingerling Potatoes, Savoy Cabbage & Carrots
Camino Bakery Rye Bread & Irish Butter
Homemade Guinness Mustard
Horseradish Sour Cream
Plus Ruben Sandwich Makings: Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese & Thousand Island Dressing
Greek Porch Pockets & Tzatziki Dip ($10)
Fresh Veggie Bag ($6)
Salad Pack ($10)
Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
Vantastic Pimento Cheese - regular or spicy ($5)
There's nothing that makes dinner more fun than spreading out an array of fun dips and bites and colorful dishes to sample! My kids love when we have "smorgasbord" dinner. I always tell them the story of when I was about 8 years old, and my parents went on a trip and left us with a babysitter for a week. The woman watching us was an enormous German woman, and every night she would take all of the food that my mother had left for us to eat (carefully organized so that there would be a little bit of meat, vegetable and starch at each dinner), and spread it all out on the table, announcing "Smorgasbord!" as she did. My brother and I were in hog heaven, filling our plates with bread, meat and cheese - so much so that it was all gone after about three days.
Now, I try to keep our smorgasbord dinners a little more under control, and usually in our house the smorgasbord consists of bowls of leftovers that are too small to make into a full dinner for everyone, so each person only gets a bite of old mac & cheese, a sliver of pizza, maybe 5 grapes - so gourmet! But they love having little things to sample, and I do too!
This week we're making lots of delicious little dishes for you to sample and enjoy with your family and friends - a super-fresh and light Cucumber and Tomato Salad, savory Tahini Hummus, and Creamy Feta Dip with Pita Chips to start your meal off. The main course of Red Pepper Orzo with Veggies and Grilled Chicken Sausage is healthy and light, bursting with so many vegetables and flavors that each bit is something new! I could eat like this every night (and would probably be much healthier if I did!).
For dessert, get in the mood for St. Patty's Day a little early with Camino Bakery Cheesecake Bites - a few Bailey's Irish Cream for the grown ups, and a few Chocolate Chip for the kids. Yum - a sweet bite to finish off a deliciously healthy dinner is just the right balance!
Keep your meals simple and easy by stocking up ahead of time with our great GYTTW meals.
- Our Goat Cheese Lasagna is a favorite and always sells out, so make sure to get your order in if you want one. They come frozen and can be baked right from the freezer, so enjoy it this week or keep it on hand for an easy dinner party dinner or a fun Sunday supper.
- The Thai Green Curry with Shrimp or Eggplant is delicious, slightly spicy, and very addictive. It's got fresh veggies and great, complex flavors that will warm you up to your toes!
- We enjoyed this Loaded Baked Potato Soup for dinner last night with an easy green salad, and it was perfect - filling and warm, but not heavy. Add ins of bacon, cheese, sour cream and green onion are included, and you may want to add in your own Tabasco to spice it up!
- I made this Crock Pot Korean Beef and Broccoli meal earlier this week after having a serious craving for Korean Barbeque. While it lacks the appeal of having a little grill at your table, it has all the great flavors and is a lot easier!!
- Our Special GYTTW Irish Dinner is a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with your family. We'll include everything you need for a great dinner, and then extras to make delicious Ruben Sandwiches the next day! What more can we ask from a holiday celebrating a country known primarily for Leprechauns and potatoes?! Ok, beer and dancing too - Ireland is awesome!
So we've got lots of good stuff this week, and we hope you'll find lots to like and that will make your meals easy and tasty! Let us know what we can make for you and we'll look forward to seeing you on the Porch this Tuesday!
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to email@example.com and be specific!!!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org