Tuesday, April 30th: Fiesta Dinner!
(small $32, regular $38, large $45)
Mimi's Chile con Queso & Chips
Southwest Salad with Living Lettuce, Veggies & Homemade Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch
Rio Grande Smoked Chicken Enchiladas Verdes (spicy or very mild)
Vegetarian Option: Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas (spicy or very mild)
Gluten Free Option Available with Corn Tortillas - please specify!
Kids' Meal: Bean & Cheese Quesadilla ($6)
Dessert: Salted Toffee Chocolate Bark ($6)
Goat Cheese Lasagna with Italian Sausage or Butternut Squash ($30)
Surf & Turf Slider Dinner - 4 Blue Cheese Burgers & 4 Shrimp Burgers (comes with buns, Sriracha Mayo & fixings) ($30)
Almost Summertime Tomato Bacon Pie ($25)
Israeli Couscous Salad Dinner ($20)
Crock Pot Chicken Chili Verde ($25)
Make Your Own Pizza Packs ($22/$30)
Fresh Salad Pack ($10)
Fresh Chopped Veggie Bag ($6)
Quart of Fresh Fruit ($6)
Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($6)
Vantastic Pimento Cheese (regular or spicy $5)
Yikes! This weekend has totally gotten away from me (surprise!), and the post I was working on is stalled, so I'm just going to update this with menu info and save my amazing literary genius for some other time (I know, such a loss to the world). I was going to write all about how Dinners on the Porch started with this Enchilada recipe, because I (uncharacteristically) decided to stop complaining about not having good Tex-Mex food here in Winston and just do something about it (it's so much easier to complain than to actually fix things, isn't it?!).
But then, because it's almost May and that means that life always gets so crazy busy with end of year stuff from all sides, I got totally overwhelmed with anxiety thinking about all of the things I need to do that I am behind on and then all of the new things that need to be tackled.
So, here's the skinny on the menu, since that was the whole point, but I know you really appreciate that I have a clean desk!
Our Fiesta Dinner includes our famous Mimi's Chile Con Queso, a cheesy, spicy dip that you will love with chips, on your enchiladas, or on just about anything else you can think of - eggs, sandwiches, baked potatoes, even veggies! It really was my Mimi's recipe, and it's a family secret that I'm so happy to share with y'all!
A good meal is always complemented by a great salad, and in my book, nothing beats living lettuce and fresh chopped veggies. It's healthy and light, crunchy and fresh - all of the things a good salad should be (and yet so many fall short, sadly!).
Finally, Rio Grand Enchiladas Verdes are amazing - flour tortillas filled with delicious smoked chicken, salsa, cheese, beans, spinach & sour cream, then covered in an avocado-based green sauce that is zesty and unique. Whether you prefer spicy or mild, we're pretty sure that it's a meal that will have you coming back for seconds!
And here's the lowdown on our very tasty selection of GYTTW meals this week - it's hard to pick a favorite. (Sorry about the formatting - I can't seem to get the pictures in without making a mess of the text!).
- Goat Cheese Lasagna with Italian Sausage or Butternut Squash ($30) - a perennial favorite with everyone, delicious, hearty, made with a combination of cheeses, sausage or butternut squash, spinach, and layers of noodle-y goodness. It's perfect for every occasion!
|Shrimp Burgers that I cooked on my indoor grill - so good!|
- Surf & Turf Slider Dinner ($30) - A new twist on one of our favorite dinners! We prepare four Shrimp Burgers (new!) and four Blue Cheese-Stuffed Organic Beef Burgers, for you to throw on the grill, the oven or the stovetop for an easy, homemade-ish dinner! The burgers and buns come frozen, so you can enjoy them anytime! We include slider rolls, spicy homemade Sriracha Mayo, lettuce, tomato & pickles. Add a quart of fresh fruit for $5, and you've got a perfect Porch dinner.
- Almost Summertime Tomato Bacon Pie ($25) - Fresh tomatoes, bacon, cheese, Greek yogurt, jalapenos & cilantro (no mayo!) bake in a light & crust for a meal that will remind you that summer is almost here! Vegetarian Version available! This pie is best if baked fresh, rather than frozen (although we did test it after freezing and it was surprisingly not bad), so plan to bake during the week.
- Israeli Couscous Salad Dinner ($20) - a quart of our delicious & healthy Israeli Couscous, loaded with fresh chopped veggies & chicken sausage, paired with a fresh organic Spinach Salad Pack. Perfect for a light dinner, lunch or a snack anytime! This is not a frozen meal, but will keep for several days.
- Crock Pot Chicken Chili Verde ($25) - this is a great Saturday afternoon chili, flavored with tomatillos, garlic, cilantro & spices. We include toppings of cheese, tortilla chips, rice & avocado for a very hearty bowl of goodness. This is a frozen meal, so you can enjoy it whenever you are ready.
Add in a selection of our snacks, salad packs, pizza packs and more to keep your kitchen stocked up for any occasion and you'll sail through the week with ease!
Email us with your order for the week & we'll look forward to seeing you on the Porch!
Claire & Alex
Keep in Mind:
- Email your order to email@example.com and be specific (to reduce the odds of our screwing up your order;)).
- We appreciate your orders in by Sunday night, but if you forget, we're happy to try to work you in, so just email.
- Size Matters. We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- While we do have a $35 delivery minimum, you are not required to buy a main meal - just so long as you're over $35, we're happy to bring you whatever you'd like!
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person.
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org