Tuesday, May 14th:
New Texas Chili Verde
(small $32, regular $38, large $45)
Chili Verde - spicy or mild (that's Green Chili for all y'all who don't speak Spanglish)
Chili Fixin Sides: limes, green onions, cilantro sour cream, Texas Pete's
Greens & Homemade Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Vegetarian Option: Three Bean Chili Verde
Kids' Option: Plain Chili (no spice, no beans, no weird things!) ($6)
Dessert: Camino Bakery All-American Chocolate Chip Cookies ($6)
- Beef or Boca Tamale Pies ($22/$30)
- King Ranch Casserole ($25/$30)
- Almost Summertime Tomato Jalapeno Pies ($25, with or without bacon)
- Surf & Turf Slider Dinner ($30)
- Roasted Red Pepper Orzo Pasta Salad Dinner ($20)
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Strata ($20/$25)
- Make Your Own Pizza Packs ($22/$30)
- Mimi's Queso & Guacamole with Chips ($10)
- Fresh Salad Pack ($10)
- Fresh Veggie Bag ($6)
- Homemade Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing ($10, reusable glass bottle)
- Quart of Fresh Fruit ($6)
- Camino Bakery Cinnamon Raisin Bread ($6)
- Camino Bakery Pumpkin Bread ($5)
- Vantastic Pimento Cheese ($5, regular or spicy)
Green Chili is a dish that apparently originated in New Mexico, where they grow many different types of chiles, each with it's own flavor and spiciness, and I guess someone just decided to dump them all into a pot with a bunch of meat and see how it turned out. If you have the love of chiles that I have, you would already know that the results of such an experiment would be very positive. I have created my own Chili Verde starting with some New Mexico sources, then adding some TexMex ingredients, like tomatillos and cumin, and going from there, so I've renamed it New Texas Chili Verde.
|Here's a picture of my masterpiece - lots of green!|
We're also serving our Homemade Jalapeno Ranch Dressing so you make a salad with your extra lettuce or just save it for another night. Okay, yes, you can also use it as a dip for Chik Fil 'A waffle fries. Not that I ever do that.
If you're not sure whether your kids will go for green chili, remind them of the lessons of Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham, or, just order a Plain Chili kids' meal and let them (and you) be happy.
As the busy school year winds down, it seems to just get busier and busier, much like a toddler revving up into a frenzy right before he crashes and burns. I know that my personal calendar is difficult to even read at this point, with five different things going on almost every day! And, true confessions, I really don't do a very good job of planning meals ahead of time. I'm often figuring it out at 6 pm, when everyone is already hungry and grouchy, which prompts me to do whatever is fastest to get dinner on the table. Part of the impetus for our GYTTW meals was to help solve that very issue - having tasty and easy meals at hand makes it less likely that you'll be conversing over Kraft Mac & Cheese four nights a week! Or, at the very least, you could feed the kids Kraft Mac & Cheese at 5 pm and enjoy an actual meal while catching up with your partner or your favorite TV shows!
Stock up on these DOTP favorites and you'll have dinners for this week and beyond (don't forget, summer is coming and we'll be off for the most part as well, so grab some dishes now that you can keep on hand in your freezer!).
- Tamale Pies ($22/$30) One of our favorite casseroles & one of our most-requested! It's a hearty, savory corn tamale casserole layered with seasoned ground beef or Boca, beans, cheese & lots of flavor! If you haven't had one, it's high time!! (Frozen)
- King Ranch Casserole ($25/$30) A Texas classic - layers of corn tortillas, sauteed vegetables, chicken, green olives, and cheese in a light cream sauce - it's unique and perfect for a light dinner or delicious luncheon! (Frozen)
- Almost Summertime Tomato Bacon Jalapeno Pies ($25) Fresh and fabulous! We'll just keep making these as long as y'all keep raving about them! Greek yogurt makes this a lighter & healthier dish than the beloved Southern classic, but we think it's just as tasty! (Best fresh.)
- Surf & Turf Sliders ($30) Delicious on the grill or in the oven - we're loving these! Four of each, Blue-Cheese Stuffed Organic Beef Burgers & Shrimp Burgers with rolls, living lettuce, tomato, pickles & Sriracho mayo! (Burgers & Buns frozen)
- Roasted Red Pepper Orzo Pasta Salad Dinner ($20) - Orzo pasta salad loaded with veggies & feta cheese, paired with our fresh and healthy Salad Packs - this is a great light dinner or fun lunch meal! (Best fresh)
- Make Your Own Pizza Packs ($22/$30) Easy, healthy and fun - these pizza packs are perfect for family game night, dinner for the kids when you've got a date night, or just a quick & healthy dinner on a busy weeknight! (Best fresh, but will last several days)
- Breakfast in Bed Sausage (or Veggie), Egg & Cheese Stratas ($20/$25)- great for trips to the beach or mountains, or just for feeding a hungry crew on the weekends! (Freezes great)
Hope there's lots on the menu that you'll like! We're excited to get to work to get these great dinners on your Porch this week!
Claire & Alex
Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org - we appreciate your orders in by Sunday night at the latest!
- Size Matters!! Now that we are offering Small, Regular and Large portions of our Main Meal, things are a little more complicated! We only need you to specify if you want a Small or Large - if you don't specify a size, we will assume you want the Regular, $38 meal.
- If you do not like any particular ingredient, just let us know and we'll be happy to accommodate you. If we can't do it, we'll let you know!
- You will receive your confirmation & reminder on Monday night - call me asap on Tuesday morning if you do not receive that email because it means we do not have you on our list!
- Dinners will be delivered or be available for pick up at Sociale Gourmet on Tuesday afternoons between 2-6 pm.
- If you are new, please send your address so we let you know if you are a pick-up or a delivery person, depending on your location. If you're not sure if we deliver to your area, make sure to ask!
- If you have any food allergies, please let us know!
- If you like extras of anything like salsa, sour cream, etc, just let us know and we'll be glad to include it in your bag at no charge.
- For any other questions, check out the Order 411 page or email me at email@example.com